Sunday, February 15, 2009

2 Shirts



Aloha!

Just got back from watching 'Valkyrie' (3.5/5) at Blitz, GI. Haven't bought any clothing for a while, so when I popped by 'Alun-Alun Indonesia' on the 3rd floor, my eyes were instantly fixated at a certain display entitled "Indonesia Hari Ini".













There were some celebrity-designed environmental bags, installment art, and some local designer fashion wear. I guess it was quite nice, although my judgment was probably clouded by the fact that I'm not much of an art curator and that the store was halfway closing down (some of the works were in the middle of being shelved for tomorrow).

However, the thing that really brought me there was a stack of tees with some pretty sweet prints. In my opinion, the designs were definitely on par with those you usually see in upper-end retail stores. But what struck me the most was the content: everything was centered around something Indonesian; potraits of Soekarno, wayang siluets, Sumatran tigers.


And then, what hit me like lightning was:



















Hoorah! The tees were around 140.000 -150.000 IDR. Put the discount in and I got two for the price of one. Fucking sweet. Love this bitch of a country.

So I got these:

Gerindra in dark chocolate

















and...

Aceh's very own Xena

















Not to shabby, don't you think? Call me lacking of class or unfashionable, but at least I firmly believe that these are better value than those in topman or graniph (the latter isn't bad, if you go for 4/5, that is).

I mean, who needs a body fit when your body isn't fit?

Oops.

-R

http://www.alunalunindonesia.com/
http://magichappensclothing.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice. gw pernah baca ttg acara itu, tapi baru inget. jadi penasaran.