Saturday, April 25, 2009

Walk The Walk, Oink The Oink

I was bored,

like always

I had nothing to do, or rather, no will, desire, and commitment to do the things I had to do,

like always

So what did I do?

I walked to Grand Indonesia from my house*.

not like always

No, this ain't bragging (well, that's up to you, I guess).
I walked the walk not to talk the talk, but to experience the walk,
to see the things I usually see at a glimpse
when sitting inside a vehicle that moves at 50 to 60 km/hours...

I ended up in arguably the most upper-class of malls in Jakarta all sweaty and dusty.

Okay, I'm here.

Now what? Window-shopping?

Yes, window-shopping, because I only brought 50.000 rupiahs.

Yes, I don't have an independent income flow that streams regularly.

What would I do with 50.000 rupiahs?

I definitely had to spare half for the cab home. (I already walked the walk, right?)

So what did I do?

I ate pork**.

Nasi Campur Babi Kenanga, to be precise.

not like always

No, again, this ain't bragging (well, that's up to you, I guess)
I oinked the oink not to talk the talk, but to taste the oink,
to eat the things I usually see on the plates of chinks and bataks' (no offense)

I believe that most of my associates who have conversed with me upon the taste of ham are divided; some hate it while some love it.

It's quite good, but not a world-beater.

Enough said

And then I used what was left of the original 50.000, and took a cab home.

And now I'm in front of my laptop again

And now, I'm bored again


like always

-R















Oink the Oink, Delicious

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*) I live in Patra Kuningan. Not Menteng, so it wasn't that close or that far.
**) I'm a Moslem

4 comments:

swhanez said...

ranaa kan gak bolehhh tauu..

R said...

Enak tapi hahahaha... gw jadi bingung, kenapa diharamkan sih?

-R

Kalista Cendani said...

karena emg sbagian bsr yg enak itu dharamkan. hahahaha.

i've oinked the oink too. tp dendengan jd rasany g bda jauh sm sapi. manis2 anyep.

R said...

Ah, Allah, jika saja hambamu ini bisa bernegosiasi denganmu...

Yang sebenarnya lezat kalo nasi campur tuh satenya. Mak Nyus hahahaha.. gurihhhhh...

-R